Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eden of the East

Hey guys how's it going? This is my first blog post for this blog. Its been a while ago since I've finished this series, so I will try to review it off memory as best as I can!

Eden of the east starts off as the main girl, Saki Morimi, goes to beautiful Washington D.C as part of her Graduation trip. She gets side tracked from everyone else to go see the white house. The reason she wanted to go to the white house was to throw a coin in the well and make a wish ( I don't remember what that wish was), and of course, gets caught by the white house security. During this whole shabang, a naked man (who we later know as Akira Takizawa) carrying a gun, a cell phone, and no memory whatsoever walks towards them. She give him her coat to cover him up, he runs away, and that should be it. But Saki realizes her passport was in her coat and follows him. When he reaches the apartment that he sorta recognizes, he finds disturbing pictures of himself torturing people. Could he be a terrorist? we won't know who he really is until later. To cut it semi-short They go back to Japan Where he learns about "Careless Monday", a series of missile attacks on japan. He later finds out he is a part of a game, made by "Mr.Outside" that involves his cell phone which has a metric ton of money on it, the cell phone can also make anything he dreams up of happen. The game involves 12 Seleção members(people who have the same phone as him) who has the same objective as Takizawa, make Japan a better place or something along the lines of that. Saki and Takizawa I believe become friends and have this sort of relationship as he try to figure out who he is, who else is in the game, what happened to his memories, and mysteries upon mysteries. I don't want to spoil too much for you guys


I liked the dubbing in this series. Everything made sense and I only noticed the syncing to be off only by a little bit in some ares which is very VERY good. The voice actors did a great job, it didn't sound cheesy and bad compared to other media with really bad actors. With my experiences with this company so far, Funimation, They really don't have a problem with the dubbing and actors.


I thought everything was beautifully drawn. I really liked how the characters look. The best part of their animation was their background. It was SOOO atmospheric, it made you feel like you where there, the atmosphere was so so SO well done, that was my favorite part about the series.


I am a sucker for any type of music (except for rap, hip-hop, and metal) and I LOVED the theme song to this series, and not to mention the credit music. This was probably one of the only shows I watch the credits JUST because of the music.


Overall, I thought This was a terrific series. The stories and the mysteries kept you watching this series. The dubbing was well done, everything was drawn to perfection, and the music is great. I think this series is one you should  definitely watch and I really, REALLY hope for a second season. Because unfortunately, it only has one season. 


My favorite Google Chrome theme for this series:

No comments:

Post a Comment